Thursday, January 20, 2011

HW 31 - Comments 3

Javon Blog:

I think your project really got a grasp on the whole unit. I found it very insightful how you had to persepectives of losing a mother but from oppsite age groups. I feel your project had reak substance and overall well done.I found this part very intresting " we do not only leave our lives in the hands of doctors and hospitals we will have a better chance of living for a longer period of time. The doctors jobs are to too aid us when we are in need but our number one priority should be looking out for ourselves." I agree to some point that weve put so much responsibility in our doctors hands that we have no stake in our own health.

Sarah T Blog :

This was very insightful project. I found it intresting how you compared and contrasted two types of doctors,"The doctor was to represent the dominant social practices and the acupuncture therapist was to represent the un-dominant social practices." . I couldnt believe health insurance companies would pay for acupuncture sense it more of a alernative medical treatment.


Alex Blog:

I found your project to be so intreasting and heart felt. I cant imagine seeing some one commit suicide and how it must change your outlook to the world . Your idea about the mind dying and the body wanting to live was a very insightful point which Ive never thought about before. "How can the mental part of you want to die but the physical part of you want to keep going? "


Rigel Blog:

I felt the idea that we all want be part of the the world even after death to be rather intresting. It almost stunning how many different culutures have tryed to go about it to accomplish that very goal. It maks me wonder in the long arch of human history are we simply repeating trying to fulfill the same goals ? I like the thought that all societies can have commonalities while staying true

No comments:

Post a Comment