Friday, December 31, 2010

HW 26 - Looking back & forward in unit

My Brother- Dying and Illness brings people together

Beth Bernett- Illness is often overlooked or even denied in hopes of trying to conivine yourself and evryone around you, your alright.

Sicko- The Unites States health insurance system is based onprofit not who needs care .

Near Death- Doctors try to make patients apear better to to ease both the patient and families.

I found all these sources to be insightful . I found are discussion with Beth Bernett to be the most engageing. I found their was a great contrast in her discusion between the dominant social practices in our society and the un-normal dominant social pratices.We were able to her speak of how she did both. And hearing Beth speak was a real visual, and overall more personnel experience. I think it has to be the most effective thing of the entire unit, and gave a face yto dying and illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment