Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HW 58 - Prom Interviews

The younger person I spoke to said "Personally, I think of 'em as pointless." She went on to say "I mean girls my age will just buy a damn dress YUCK), and pretty much wear it only once. It's pointless, plus, prom is something I've never been to, and never will. Just too...well, proms are like parties, and I like a good party as much as I would like a grave yard. "

Someone close to my age described them "as simple fun. " They said If you don't like to dance then you can just hang out and chat with friends. Most proms have a quieter area to do so.She said at her prom they even had Sixteen Candles playing in the background for their 80's Hollywood theme . "I believe they play movies every year, though I can't imagine why anyone couldn't handle at least slow dancing with their date!"

Another person close to my age that I spoke to said "At my first prom I bought a pretty yellow dress from a hand-me-down shop downtown. This year I'm getting a new one, but not something that's like, 300 bucks." She went on to explain how way too drastic that price was for just one night, no matter how "special." 

Older person I talked to said "I didn't go to prom. I wish I was able to experience it, but it just wasn't in the stars for me. " She talked about how it's a rite of passage for all seniors in HS, as like a farewell to life as a young person and a leap into adulthood, tho she stated "thats totally overrated, being adult has it's disadvantages, believe me" Prom she said is a place to hang out with your friends one last time as kids, care free and just enjoying that last moment.

The last person I spoke to said "I really hate dances and all that i wasn't going to go because it was way too much work to find a dress and get all dress up for it but I actually did end up going it was pretty awesome. I had a really good time with my friends. I even did the whole dress thing even though i really hate wearing them but i fell in love with mine as soon as i saw it, might of been because it was black with white designs and not all colorful but its true i only used it once. i think what made it the best night was that i spent it with my friends and we always have fun together. if you decide to go believe me you wont regret it. you should try it"

No comments:

Post a Comment